[cfe-dev] How does scan-build

Christian Gagneraud via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 18 03:54:57 PDT 2019

On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 at 22:48, Дилян Палаузов <dpa-llvm at aegee.org> wrote:

> Hello Christian,
>
> I use autoconf/automake.
>
> In fact I want to see what will happen if I combine many source files into one and pass that file to the static
> analyzer.  In this use case there is no build system involved.

I haven't use GNU autotools in ages. Yes in that case scan-build might
be your only way to collect the compilation database.
What i don't understand is "combine many source files into one", are
you after LTO [1]?
How does the static analiser fits into that?
Can you provide details on what you're trying to achieve exactly?

[1] https://llvm.org/docs/LinkTimeOptimization.html