[cfe-dev] Many .c files as input to scan-build

Дилян Палаузов via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 18 03:13:10 PDT 2019

Hello Artem,

thanks for your answer.

For combining several source files into one, that is then analyzed by scan-build,
https://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/scan-build.html in fact suggests:

> It is also possible to use scan-build to analyze specific files:
> $ scan-build gcc -c t1.c t2.c
> This example causes the files t1.c and t2.c to be analyzed.

My reading is that on this call scan-build generates a single report, resulted by merging t1.c and t2.c and then
analyzing the result, since the gcc call generates a single file.

Is the size of the input to the analyzer currently inversely proportional to the quality of the results?

I ask the last question, since you wrote, that for unity builds the compiler would give up sooner and only find more
shallow bugs.

Regards
  Дилян