[cfe-dev] [RFC] Late (OpenMP) GPU code "SPMD-zation"

Doerfert, Johannes Rudolf via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 22 11:29:22 PST 2019

We would still know that. We can do exactly the same reasoning as we do now.

I think the important question is, how different is the code generated for either mode and can we hide (most of) the differences in the runtime.

If I understand you correctly, you say the data sharing code looks very different and the differences cannot be hidden, correct?

It would be helpful for me to understand your point if you could give me a piece of OpenMP for which the data sharing in SPMD mode and "guarded"

mode are as different as possible. I can compile it in both modes myself so high-level OpenMP is fine (I will disable SPMD mode manually in the source if necessary).

Thanks,

  Johannes