[cfe-dev] [RFC] Adding a different mode of "where clang spends time" reporting (timeline/flamegraph style)

Sam McCall via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 15 03:20:15 PST 2019

Hi Aras,

Nice work! Visualizing the timeline is a powerful tool, and I'd appreciate
having an easy way to annotate how spans of time are spent.
We also have a facility in clangd[1] to record traces and output them in
chrome tracing format, and I've also done some performance work with
similar tools internally.

Some random thoughts:
 - the distinction between tracing/profiling automatically (stack frames,
using xray or a profiler)
 - the timeline view, flame graph, and

[1]