[cfe-dev] Get a VarDecl Associated with a SourceLocation

Jan Korous via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 8 01:27:46 PST 2019

Hi Pardis,

You can use some of these as a basis for your feature.

1. Use libTooling - clang::tooling::getNamedDeclAt().
2. Use libclang (C interface) - clang_getCursor().
3. Use clangd via LSP - textDocument/SymbolInfo method.
4. Use clangd - clang::clangd::getSymbolInfo().
5. Take a look at implementation of these and write your own AST visitor.

Not knowing anything about your specific use-case I’d recommend to use libTooling.

Hope this helps!

Jan