[cfe-dev] Scan-Build question

Bradley Jackson via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 15 12:58:02 PST 2019

Hello all,

I am a current student at University of Pennsylvania and am
experimenting with scan-build as part of a senior project. I just had a
couple questions regarding some behavior I didn't quite understand. Does
the output of scan-build differ depending on the user permissions, or
whether it is created as a child process? Are there any flags that
determine how sensitive scan-build is to detecting bugs? For reference,
running scan build myself versus through executing a shell command on a
Node.js server on that same machine yields different outputs, with the
server outputting many more. I cannot find any configuration file, and
all the bugs reported belong to the set of checkers enabled by default.
I would love some insight into why this could be happening.

Best regards,

Bradley Jackson