[cfe-dev] Paragraph numbers in C++ tests

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 30 09:53:46 PDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 8:12 AM via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> [...]

I think that^ is what Bruno was saying.

> I recommend, give up on naming tests after paragraph numbers, because
> they aren't actually meaningful.

Eh, I think there's merit to having tests by feature in the standard
and being able to inspect their coverage (yeah, that gets wonky when
paragraphs are renumbered - so you might have to update the numbering
- but the benefit of a correspondence between some part/version of the
standard even if you have to do some work remapping to a consistent
version.