[cfe-dev] Class Template Argument Deduction failure

Lorenzo Cavallini via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 29 07:48:36 PDT 2019

Hi,
thanks for clarifying this. I tried to compile the above testcase on a
faster system and it produced much less error output. So I guess I was just
out of luck with my original code (it was more complex than the testcase I
tried to create, with several levels of recursion), because it filled up my
250GB ssd and made my linux box unusable (I had errors redirected to a
file). I guess that when clang hangs if "printf" line is removed is related
to the same issue.
Anyway, if trunk is already giving less error output then I guess is fine,
but probably lowering the nested template limit in case of error or warning
would be helpful in similar cases. Especially if you're using an IDE that
does parsing/autocompletion with clang. If I try that code on clion for
example, it just hangs and makes it unusable. But of course this is not a
clang issue.
Thanks anyway!

Best regards,

Lorenzo