[cfe-dev] Make standalone-debug default based on glldb tuning

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 12 09:43:28 PDT 2019

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 9:38 AM <paul.robinson at sony.com> wrote:

> [...]

Sorry, I misspoke - the default ("no standalone debug") creates the
DWARF that doesn't correspond to source in that you can see classes
derived from declarations and the like. LLDB won't go searching for a
definition that matches the declaration outside the scope of a single
blob of DWARF (either a single object or single dsym, I guess).
Turning on standalone debug avoids LLDB encountering these
"impossible" situations.