[cfe-dev] make TEST=libcalls not working

Srinivas Kakarla1 via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 5 00:19:16 PDT 2019

Hi  ,

I am following https://llvm.org/docs/TestSuiteGuide.html and https://releases.llvm.org/2.5/docs/TestingGuide.html

make TEST=libcalls report is not working for me.

~/Srinivas/llvm-project/MultiSource/Benchmarks$ make TEST=libcalls report
make: *** No rule to make target 'report'.  Stop

~/Srinivas/test-suite/MultiSource/Benchmarks$ make TEST=libcalls report
Makefile:5: ../../Makefile.config: No such file or directory
../../Makefile.common:12: ../../Makefile.config: No such file or directory
../../Makefile.common:18: /Makefile.rules: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/Makefile.rules'.  Stop.

I was trying to write unit test clang and MicroBenchmarks test.

I was able to run single test case using lit.

./bin/llvm-lit -v ./tools/clang/test/Sema/for.c
llvm-lit: /home/tcs/Srinivas/llvm-project/llvm/utils/lit/lit/llvm/config.py:337: note: using clang: /usr/bin/clang
llvm-lit: /home/tcs/Srinivas/llvm-project/llvm/utils/lit/lit/llvm/subst.py:127: note: Did not find c-index-test in /home/tcs/Srinivas/llvm-project/build/./bin:/home/tcs/Srinivas/llvm-project/build/./bin
-- Testing: 1 tests, single process --
PASS: Clang :: Sema/for.c (1 of 1)
Testing Time: 0.02s
  Expected Passes    : 1