[cfe-dev] [analyzer][GSoC] Problem Statement: Improving BugReporter with static backward program slicing

Gábor Horváth via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 2 23:23:00 PDT 2019

Yeah, this particular example would be fixed, but we do not know how noisy
it would be in general. One way to make it a bit less noisy could be
something like what the NoStoreFuncVisitor already does for IVars. We could
also add some syntactic checks to see if the method/function actually has
the possibility to escape the region.

I am not familiar with Obj-C, but I suspect it would be possible to trick
NoStoreFuncVisitor, or at least the syntactic checks in `
potentiallyWritesIntoIvar `.
I think the main value of slicing here could be to get rid of those fully
syntactic heuristics and replace them by something smarter. Does this make
sense?