[cfe-dev] Decoupling semantics from parsing

Bruno Ricci via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 1 10:03:26 PDT 2019

On 01/04/2019 17:32, McCorney Severin via cfe-dev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently a math/physics student at UCSD and am looking for a way to get involved in clang. Is there a desire or interest to decouple semantic analysis form syntax parsing? Please let me know.
>
> Thank,
> -McCorney

What do you mean by that ? In general you need to do some semantic analysis to parse C++
(eg: what is x * y; ?). How you could get involved depends on what you would be
interested to work on. One of the first step is probably to gain familiarity with
the codebase. Familiarity with the standard(s) is also going to be required depending
on what you want to work on.

Bruno