[cfe-dev] speed up debugging a static analysis checker?

Lou Wynn via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 28 13:49:48 PDT 2018

Hi,

I'm now having a question of how to speed up startup runs of a static
analysis checker in the lldb debugger. It takes about 21 seconds for the
debugger to stop at the first breakpoint at the
SimpleStreamChecker::checkPreCall function when I run the following command:

lldb-6.0 -- clang-8 -cc1 -analyze
-analyzer-checker=alpha.unix.SimpleStream \
  test/Analysis/simple-stream-checks.c

Are there ways to make it faster? I run many debugging sessions not only
to figure out how the static analyzer works but also to debug my first
checker. Any time saving method is appreciated.

--
Love,
Lou