[cfe-dev] VS2017: LLVM Compiler Toolchain Plugin

degski via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 28 04:13:18 PDT 2018

After not doing any C++dev for some time, I, today (yes, I'm slow), updated
the "LLVM Compiler Toolchain" plugin for MSVC. And, I cannot say anything
else then, "Just what the doctor ordered, perfect" This plugin makes
Clang/LLVM a first-class-citizen. The support for lld-link is just the
best, and using the -flto=thin option blows MSVC straight out of the water
for many software projects (many more to thank there).

My Thanks (and Cheers) go out to *Zach Turner* for providing this linking
pin in the process of getting Clang/LLVM working properly (and in a
non-conflicting way in conjunction with MSVC) on the Windows platform from
within the Visual Studio 2017 IDE. Thanks, mate, we owe you one!

degski
--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*