[cfe-dev] RFC: Removing ObjC1 from LangOptions

Nat! via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 22 07:34:31 PDT 2018

Erik Pilkington via cfe-dev schrieb:
> Hi everyone,
>
> It looks like we never set LangOptions::ObjC1 without also setting
> LangOptions::ObjC2. This is a distinction without a difference, and only
> leads to pointless confusion. Would anyone have a problem with me
> replacing all uses of ObjC2 and ObjC1 with a new option, ObjC?
>
> Thanks!

I am not saying I myself would have a problem with that. But I don't see
this as a distinction without difference, when I grep through the sources.

If you're compiling via libclang, couldn't you set ObjC1 YES and ObjC2
NO and reduce the available Objective-C language feature set for example ?

Ciao
    Nat!