[cfe-dev] GN build roundtable summary; adding GN build files to the repo

Stephen Kelly via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 31 13:20:25 PDT 2018

On 31/10/2018 18:18, Nico Weber via cfe-dev wrote:
> Keeping the GN build going would be the responsibility of people using
> it, not of the general LLVM community.

If these files exist in the repo, I could imagine that reviewers will
reject patches that might/likely break the gn files.

I could also imagine that contributors will be pressured to fix breakage
of gn files that they introduce, or commits being reverted etc.

So, I'm not sure that a policy of 'it's ok to break this stuff' will
actually work.

Do you think there will be some point in time that these files will be
out of 'experimental' status?

Thanks,

Stephen.