[cfe-dev] how to get AST content from CXCursor?

Lou Wynn via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 25 05:27:30 PDT 2018

I've found some functions in the tools/libclang/CXCursor.h file, and
they are:

std::pair<OverloadedDeclRefStorage, SourceLocation>
   getCursorOverloadedDeclRef(CXCursor C);

const Decl *getCursorDecl(CXCursor Cursor);
const Expr *getCursorExpr(CXCursor Cursor);
const Stmt *getCursorStmt(CXCursor Cursor);
const Attr *getCursorAttr(CXCursor Cursor);
const Decl *getCursorParentDecl(CXCursor Cursor);

ASTContext &getCursorContext(CXCursor Cursor);
ASTUnit *getCursorASTUnit(CXCursor Cursor);
CXTranslationUnit getCursorTU(CXCursor Cursor);

void getOverriddenCursors(CXCursor cursor,
                           SmallVectorImpl<CXCursor> &overridden);

Some of them are implemented as follows:

const Decl *cxcursor::getCursorDecl(CXCursor Cursor) {
   return static_cast<const Decl *>(Cursor.data[0]);
}

const Stmt *cxcursor::getCursorStmt(CXCursor Cursor) {
   if (Cursor.kind == CXCursor_ObjCSuperClassRef ||
       Cursor.kind == CXCursor_ObjCProtocolRef ||
       Cursor.kind == CXCursor_ObjCClassRef)
     return nullptr;

   return static_cast<const Stmt *>(Cursor.data[1]);
}

const Attr *cxcursor::getCursorAttr(CXCursor Cursor) {
   return static_cast<const Attr *>(Cursor.data[1]);
}

const Decl *cxcursor::getCursorParentDecl(CXCursor Cursor) {
   return static_cast<const Decl *>(Cursor.data[0]);
}

But they are not exported in the libClang. I'm wondering if I can use
them in my code, and how? Can anyone give me any hints on when to use
data[i], where i = 0, 1, 2? This would be the best way for me to get the
contents of a node and do source-to-source translation, if it works.

Love,
Lou