[cfe-dev] Accessing File Types with clang-tidy

Shyan Akmal via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 15 16:42:13 PDT 2018

Hello,

I've been doing some work on writing a check with clang-tidy. I want my
check to behave differently on header files than on implementation files.

My current plan is to do this by looking at the extension of the file type
(and assume the file is not a header file if the extension is of the form
".c*").

To do this, I need a way of getting the file name as a string. Within llvm,
what is the standard way of accessing the name of a file clang-tidy is
running on?

Best,
Shyan Akmal