[cfe-dev] Removing Check Files Automatically

Shyan Akmal via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 10 17:30:14 PDT 2018

Hello,

I am part of a group of students interested in making some contributions to
*clang-tidy*. We've recently been getting acquainted with the project, and
I have a quick question about whether there is a simple way of removing
recently added checks.

So far, to add skeletons of new checks I've been using the
*add_new_check.py* script. However, after adding a new check to my local
copy of *clang-tidy *and deciding that I no longer want it, is there a
script I can run to remove that check?

If not, what is the standard procedure for getting rid of recently added
checks? Should I just manually delete the files for the relevant checks and
tests, and then remove mentions in the *CMakeLists.txt* file?

Sincerely,
Shyan Akmal