[cfe-dev] avoid loops in the exploded graph?

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 9 10:44:29 PDT 2018

The addTransition() method family is well-defended against accidentally
squeezing the current state into it, there's no need to check if the
state has changed on the checker side. I don't remember what i was
thinking, but this statement in the guide is definitely outdated or
incorrect.

I don't think this TODO is anyhow important to address. State comparison
is O(1) regardless of how many changes were made. The TODO should
probably be removed.

That said, these special cases and default arguments of addTransition(),
i.e., passing null state, passing current state, passing null
predecessor, passing current predecessor, passing null tag, etc., are
too numerous and counter-intuitive to memorize, no wonder i was
confused. I believe we should break this up into several methods instead
(with different, intuitive names).