[cfe-dev] Calling the clang-tools-extra source directory 'extra'

Zachary Turner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 4 07:49:50 PDT 2018

Are you not using a monorepo?  I think the supported workflow going forward
is to use the monorepo, and there is an effort (which seems temporarily
stalled, but should still happen) to make this the only supported
workflow.  So I'd suggest we focus all documentation efforts on pointing
people towards the monorepo.

If you are using the monorepo, then clang-tools-extra would be under a
top-level folder called clang-tools-extra, and everything would just work.