[cfe-dev] Patch review archives from 2012

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 19 16:43:23 PST 2018

Back then Static Analyzer was developed almost exclusively by the first
generation of Analyzer developers which was a small team at Apple, none
of which are still active Analyzer developers. I guess they didn't
really need that much open documentation when they could simply look at
each other's monitor and discuss things on a whiteboard. These days the
community is much bigger (and i'm much more of a masochist who does not
feel happy to just sit down and write code, and actively prevents others
from doing the same, so that everybody knew the taste of code review
pain), so Phabricator turned out to be a spot-on tool.

But you should ask around for specific things. It might be that people
have already managed to re-discover the motivation behind certain solutions.