[cfe-dev] Looking for reviewers for P1144R0 "__is_trivially_relocatable" property

Arthur O'Dwyer via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 12 15:43:39 PST 2018

Hi cfe-dev,

I've got a patch implementing a new C++ property called "trivially
relocatable," as presented at the recent San Diego C++ committee meeting.
The paper is named P1144R0 "Object relocation in terms of move plus
destroy." The basic idea of the attribute is the same as
`IsBitwiseMoveable` in the Bloomberg standard library, or `IsRelocatable`
in Folly, or `has_trivial_relocate` in EASTL. Moving the computation of
this property from the library into the compiler has the advantage that the
compiler can compute it 100% accurately, even for types such as lambdas
which are impossible to annotate by hand.

Ultimately, I would like to get this patch into Clang trunk, so that the
attribute is useable on at least one real implementation (namely Clang).
However, I don't know how to get it reviewed. Can anyone point me in the
direction of someone who might review an attribute for inclusion into Clang
trunk?

The patch is here:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D50119

Thanks,