[cfe-dev] RFC for AUTOSAR enforcement in clang-tidy/Static Analysis

Dennis Melamed via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 11 09:58:47 PST 2018

Hello,

I am interested in adding enforcement for AUTOSAR (
https://www.autosar.org/fileadmin/user_upload/standards/adaptive/17-03/AUTOSAR_RS_CPP14Guidelines.pdf)
coding standards into clang-tidy.

As these rules are strict and not very general-purpose (they'd generate a
lot of noise from things that are not actually unsafe but are against the
standard), it would make sense to me to add them to a new AUTOSAR module,
not into misc- or other places. Would this be possible?

I'm guessing it would require contacting AUTOSAR for permission, is there
any existing contact with the organization?

Thanks,
Dennis