[cfe-dev] Clang, AppleClang and hidden visibility issues in C++ libraries

René J.V. Bertin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 11 12:47:59 PST 2018

On Sunday November 11 2018 12:13:08 Dimitry Andric wrote:
>Do you have any more concrete details, such as the exact error messages, and maybe a self-contained test case?

I'm planning to have another look at the logs from failed and successful builds, but I strongly doubt I could make a self-contained test case of something that simply doesn't make sense to me. Most projects do build with AppleClang after all. Maybe looking at the changelog for the problem symbols in libkcddb will yield something because that project used to build with AppleClang (if I'm not mistaken!)
I do plan to file an issue against KDE's build system, will link to that here.

As to the exact error messages: they're what you'd expect when the linker cannot find a number of required symbols. Not really helpful I fear.

R.