[cfe-dev] [ Builtins ] Returning a custom struct

John McCall via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 29 00:54:14 PDT 2018

> On May 28, 2018, at 12:41 PM, ThePhD <jm3689 at columbia.edu> wrote:
> Dear John,
>
>      I didn't quite realize you could do that! Thank you for that. I managed to make a lot of progress from your tip, and I'm almost done with the builtin!
>
>      I hope I can get something done to put up for basic discussion to the clang mailing list soon. As a slight side question, if I'm looking for "review" (but not necessarily with the goal of upstreaming to Clang just yet), would it be appropriate to send a diff to the mailing list here?

I don't know if we have a project policy for that.  I think you're welcome to start a patch review as for a normal patch, as long as (1) you make it clear in your email that it's not intended to be committed, and therefore that we shouldn't bother reviewing things like its basic language design, and (2) you understand that nobody is under any obligation to actually review it.

John.