[cfe-dev] [RFC] Improving import failure checking strategy inside ASTImporter

Aleksei Sidorin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 18 11:50:29 PDT 2018

I don't have any naming preferences here (it was just to show some
examples), but your options are indeed more clear. Or, maybe, we should
just say instead that our Import should perform this cast by default and
name these functions `import()` and `importOrNull()`?

18.05.2018 13:08, Gábor Márton via cfe-dev пишет:
> Hi Aleksei,
>
> I think it is a very good idea to exploit [[nodiscard]] .
> On the other hand I find a bit misleading some of the names of these
> functions. `importCastedNonNull` does a simple `cast<>` inside, thus
> perhaps a name `importAndCast` would better explain what happens.
> Similarly, instead of `importCasted`, `importAndCastOrNull`
> (import_and_cast_or_null ?) sounds better for me, what do you think?
>
> Gabor

Best regards,
Aleksei Sidorin,
SRR, Samsung Electronics