[cfe-dev] objc++ enhancements for new c++ features

James Gregurich via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 29 09:31:28 PDT 2018

ok. here are my prototype  mods that work correctly for both ARC and non-ARC in a few simple-minded tests I've run.

It turns out that I was wrong about the shared_ptr bug being fixed. I can remember testing it at some past version of xcode and it worked correctly, but I have no explanation for why it doesn't work on the current version. at any rate, I also patch the control block subclasses to also store weakly. This change should solve the problem without changing the way the system works for non-arc and non-objc class cases. However, I do fear that my use of the std::conditional<> would break binary compatibility with apps compiled against a previous STL version. If that is true, is there an adjustment to what I have that would correct the breakage? If not, I suppose I have to punt on the point.  :)

there are 5 straightforward patches to the code. I've noted them with //patch here.

https://gist.github.com/bayoubengal/318dafa0e5b7789bf6b7c037efad424c