[cfe-dev] Add a clang-tidy check for inadvertent conversions

Richard via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 27 09:07:54 PDT 2018

[Please reply *only* to the list and do not include my email directly
in the To: or Cc: of your reply; otherwise I will not see your reply.
Thanks.]

In article <CAOenAXiKTCnpQx9YrNQF6v0G1=KggExYb=r0DXpfuNZg2GMCfQ at mail.gmail.com>,
    Andrzej Krzemienski via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> > Ah. Then i'd suggest to simply extend
> > clang-tools-extra/clang-tidy/google/ExplicitConstructorCheck.cpp
> > with two options, toggling checking of constructors, and conversion
> > operators. (both default to on)
> > That sounds so less intrusive, and cleaner, no?
> >

> Oh, so the checks can have parameters, can't they? Is it possible to pass
> the parameters from clang-tidy's command line?

Yes.  The syntax is awful, but it can be done.
            The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>