[cfe-dev] clang ToT doesn't build on macOS 10.10 anymore...?

Sean McBride via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 15 10:24:07 PDT 2018

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 15:39:05 -0700, Friedman, Eli said:

> From off-list, got the compiler invocation.  It looks like it's
>invoking clang from Xcode, and that clang has a bug where it incorrectly
>defines __ARM_EABI__ for -arch armv7em.  (Not sure off the top of my
>head how old AppleClang 7 is.)

Xcode 7.2.1 was released February 3, 2016.  Not so old.  It's the last/newest Xcode that supports running on OS X 10.10.

>Should work if you build using a more recent version of clang.

I suppose one could get a clang/gcc from "somewhere" to bootstap clang ToT.  But really my point is that using Xcode is the easiest way, and if the newest Xcode for that OS isn't supported, it's a much bigger pain. :(

>Or maybe
>you can work around the problem by commenting out the call to
>darwin_add_embedded_builtin_libraries() in
>compiler-rt/cmake/Modules/CompilerRTDarwinUtils.cmake .

Confirmed.  I can build r314851 if I comment out that line.

Cheers,

Sean