[cfe-dev] GSOC 2018

Maria Kalikas via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 14 21:26:57 PDT 2018

Hello anyone this concerns,

My name is Maria Kalikas and I am a senior undergraduate student majoring
in Computer Science at The University of Akron.

My familiarity and continuous reading of the C++ Standard has encouraged me
develop support for concepts in Clang. I am not aware of the current status
of concepts in Clang and if there has been any developed support for the
current C++ Standard specification. I am curious to know if this would be a
good project to propose for Google Summer of Code and am interested in
finding a mentor.

 I took a Compiler Design course in Spring 2017 where I designed a compiler
for a C-like programming language. My implementation is written in C++.
Since completing the course, I became familiar with Clang and LLVM. I spent
last summer working with the code to understand how Clang works. I am
currently completing a capstone project where I am creating a virtual
machine to implement the C++ abstract machine using LLVM instructions and
rewriting the conversions, expressions and declarations specified in the
C++ Standard as three address code instructions. My long term goal for this
project is to build a C++ compiler that takes the C++ abstract syntax and
turns it into LLVM bitcode. I am also in the early stages of another
project where I am using voice input to write a C++ program. I have not
decided yet if I am writing my own compiler to implement this or if I am
going to use Clang.

I look forward to any responses and feedback.

Thank you,

Maria Kalikas