[cfe-dev] Question about custom Clang static analyzer checker registration in clang-tidy without using plugin

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 13 12:06:59 PDT 2018

I still don't understand your approach. There's the current plugin
system that auto-registers checkers (the trick with "-cc1 -load"
demonstrated by examples/analyzer-plugin/MainCallChecker.cpp) and
there's the normal way of writing a checker in clang source tree (like
all default checkers are written) that semi-automatically (through the
registerChecker<>() call) puts the checker into the checker registry and
makes it automatically accessible to clang-tidy when it links to the
updated checkers library.

Because none of these approaches seem to have any problems with checker
registration, could you describe what exactly are you doing that causes