[cfe-dev] Clang-Cl - support for the FAcs flag?

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 7 05:05:06 PST 2018

I don't think I'm good enough to make a patch for clang.
Is there at least a way to have the line numbers of the source code in the
assembly output?

From:   Nico Weber <thakis at chromium.org>
To:     Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com>
Cc:     bjoern.gaier at horiba.com, cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org>
Date:   06.03.2018 19:33
Subject:        Re: [cfe-dev] Clang-Cl - support for the FAcs flag?
Sent by:        thakis at google.com

But patches are of course gladly accepted, if you want to give it a try
yourself :-)

Other ways to get what you want:
* If you use vim, whodis (https://github.com/sgraham/whodis) can show the
assembly of the current function and it color-codes which parts of the
function become which assembly. It works reasonably well. I haven't tried
it on Windows yet, but in a chrome/win cross build on linux it worked
well.
* Ideally we'd add clang-cl support to godbolt.org. I looked at this for a
tiny bit a few months ago (
https://github.com/mattgodbolt/compiler-explorer/issues/204) but got
distracted (and I'm not super likely to get re-tracted…uh…back-on-track
soon – so this would be a cool project for someone too)

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 12:54 PM, Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev <