[cfe-dev] Clang Static Analyzer Feature Bounties

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 2 15:41:39 PST 2018

Yeah, I guess, The LLVM Foundation might be the right contact for the
business/commercial side of things (not sure).

On the technical side - I'm currently reviewing a large portion of
patches for the analyzer. I'd be happy to review and accept any patches,
regardless of where they came from - under the usual terms of the LLVM
developer policy (you should totally have a look at it). Most
importantly, please discuss any non-trivial work before you start
coding, and split it up into small incremental patches that gradually
improve an experimental feature until it's ready to be turned on by
default - this is called "developing under the flag". For example, a new
checker will stay in the alpha package during development, and an
experimental analyzer core feature will be disabled by an
-analyzer-config option. The main point here is to speed up reviews and
make sure you don't need to re-do anything - because it's extremely hard
to do anything right with LLVM in isolation. Of course, I cannot
guarantee that any particular patch is going to be accepted, at least
not before I see it.