[cfe-dev] [RFC][OpenMP] Usability improvement, allow dropping offload targets

Dmitriev, Serguei N via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 31 15:09:34 PDT 2018

Hi Hal,

1. I think there is no interaction with that patch. As I understand it mainly solves the problem of supporting OpenMP offloads in static libraries for NVPTX target, but that is a different problem. Doru will correct me if my understanding in wrong.

2. Yes, it is possible to solve link problem that way. Alexey has already suggested such change (and I guess has committed such fix), but I believe it would be a short term solution and offload initialization will still require changes in future. I have explained my concerns in the response to Alexey's email.

Thanks,
Serguei