[cfe-dev] Merging Multiple AST

Gábor Márton via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 18 01:41:21 PDT 2018

> Analyzing the database I find multiple compile commands for the same source file with different arguments
I don't know the details of your case, but generally there are two
major cases for this:
1) build both for shared libs (-fpic) and static libs
2) build for different architectures/platforms
In the case of 1), the AST of the translation units will be the same.
Also, you could configure your project to build only one variant, e.g.
the -fpic version.
In the case of 2), the ASTs might be essentially different, so there
is no sense to merge them, you have to pick one and work with that.

Hope this helps,
Gabor