[cfe-dev] [Analyzer] ArrayBoundCheckerV2: Why the analyzer add the constraint `Idx < ArraySize` after element access?

Henry Wong via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 12 03:57:42 PDT 2018

Thanks for the explanation, Artem! Sorry for my mistaken! ArrayBoundCheckerV2 did add the `Idx >= 0` constraint as well.

It make sense to me that add the constraints on the symbol according to the program semantic!

My problem can be explained by the following diagram. IMHO, the constraints should be added on `x` after the access really occurred,  this request may be a bit picky.

                    |        BinaryOperator 0x9a0d8f0 buf[x] = 1           |
                    | --------------------------------------------------------------
                    |                        Ranges are empty.                           |

                                                            \|/    ArrayBoundCheckerV2::checkLocation()
                    |        BinaryOperator 0x9a0d8f0 buf[x] = 1            |
                    | --------------------------------------------------------------
                    | Ranges of symbol values:                                       |
                    |   reg_$0<unsigned long x> : { [0, 99] }                  |

                                                           \|/
                                                                   MyOwnChecker::checkLocation()
                                                                   Want to get the original constraint info on `x`, however the constraint information has changed.

                                                           \|/
                    |        BinaryOperator 0x9a0d8f0 buf[x] = 1           |
                    | PostStore                                                                   |
                    | Ranges of symbol values:                                       |
                    |   reg_$0<unsigned long x> : { [0, 99] }                 |

                                                          \|/   The constraint should be added to `x` after the access really happens.

My problem has been solved by moving the code logic of `MyOwnChecker::checkLocation()` to `ArrayBoundCheckerV2::checkLocation()`.

Henry Wong
Qihoo 360 Codesafe Team