[cfe-dev] AST Writer

Ridwan Shariffdeen via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 9 20:36:06 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am trying to build a tool which can insert new AST nodes to a AST tree
obtained from a source code and generate the modified source code. For
example add an if condition to a given location.

I have seen examples on ReWriter which can insert text, but I want to
insert a proper AST node and generate the source code from the modified
AST.

For this purpose, I think I should be using ASTWriter and not ReWriter. Is
there any documentation I can refer on how to implement this?

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Ridwan