[cfe-dev] [Clang Related Projects] Request to add our project

Whisperity via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 4 09:20:19 PDT 2018

Dear Bruno,

Thank you for taking care of our case.

I think the following description text would be fine:

CodeCompass is an open-source, extensible code comprehension framework
which uses LLVM/Clang to analyze and visualize C and C++ projects. It
also supports both regex-based text search, discovering complex C/C++
language elements, with advanced navigation and visualisation.

The project is available on GitHub: http://github.com/Ericsson/CodeCompass

/* (For the record, it has recently debuted on the IEEE/ACM
International Conference on Program Comprehension 2018 in Göteburg,
Sweden. The paper is available here:
http://gsd.web.elte.hu/papers/2018/codecompass-industry_icpc_2018.pdf.
We've also presented on EuroLLVM 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_ju-aZsFk.
These resources need not go onto the LLVM site, as I'll update the
GitHub README to better highlight them soon.) */

----

Come to think of it, we have another project called CodeChecker (this
might be more familiar to the people here on the list)

CodeChecker

http://github.com/Ericsson/CodeChecker

CodeChecker is a static analysis infrastructure built on the
LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer toolchain. It provides a user interface to
execute analysis of C/C++ projects with Clang SA and Clang-Tidy, which
outputs are then stored into a database navigable via a web
application. This web application and a corresponding command-line
tool supports a variety of report management and issue triaging
options, such as difference view between analyses, automatic
incremental analysis, marking and commenting on individual reports.

/* (The GitHub of this project is more well-kept as it has been
developed more actively in recent times.) */

Thanks,
Whisperity.