[cfe-dev] Superclass for CallExpr | CXXConstructExpr | ObjCMessageExpr

Richard Smith via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 3 18:01:21 PDT 2018

On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 at 11:09, George Karpenkov via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quite a bit of code in the static analyzer is either duplicated or is
> using roundabout constructs
> to deal in the same way with calls of different type: CallExpr,
> CXXConstructExpr, ObjCMessageExpr.
>
> What would be the objections against introducing a very simple abstract
> superclass for those?
> Only a few methods would be required:
>
>  - arguments() and iterators over those
>  - return type
>  - source location

That seems reasonable to me (though as Artem points out, only arguments()
seems relevant). Maybe InvokeExpr? (That matches the terminology the C++
standard uses, at least.)

It'd probably be useful to have a getDirectCallee() member or similar too.