[cfe-dev] Clang vs MSVC: Smaller objs, but bigger DLLs?

Cullen, Colden via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 19 15:43:32 PST 2018

I have not, but I’ll give it a try! I’m not using clang-cl (I’m using clang.exe directly), so I can’t use /Gw, but I will try adding -fdata-sections and -ffunction-sections.

Also, I don’t think I’ve done a very good job explaining the problem, so just to reiterate: my issue is Clang is producing object files that are of a reasonable size, but attempting to link them under any linker with /debug enabled results in an image that is >4GB.