[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Error: ISO C++17 does not allow 'register' storage class specifier [-Wregister], when building Boost 1.69.0

Oleg Smolsky via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 24 17:08:41 PST 2018

Yes, this keyword is no longer valid starting from C++17:
     https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/keyword/register

I realize that the "why" probably doesn't help you move forth with your
problem, so here are a couple suggestions how to get over it:

  * Build Boost in C++14 mode with -std=c++14
  * Cut out "register" from the Boost source and rebuild
  * Try a newer Boost version, it may have been fixed

Oleg.