[cfe-dev] Clang's string type?

Marcus Johnson via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 23 15:27:00 PDT 2018

> Thanks for the link to that thread Tim.

Eli: "I don't follow; can't you just convert the format string from
UTF-16/UTF-32 to UTF-8 before checking it?  (Granted, that's not
particularly efficient, but it's rare enough that it probably doesn't
matter.)"

> and I realized a bit after posting this that converting the format strings
> from UTF-16/wchar, to UTF-8 would probably be the best way to achieve this
> Eli.

I'm just not sure how I'd handle the type matching, do you know when that
happens in comparison to when the string/character literals would be
converted? would that get in the way, or get messed up?