[cfe-dev] API Removal Notice (4 weeks): getStartLoc, getLocStart, getLocEnd

David Chisnall via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 13 02:40:34 PDT 2018

Is there a big binary-size win from removing the functions?  It seems as if the simplest solution that is friendly to downstream is to defer the commit that removes the old functions to immediately after 9.0 is branched.  That way, users of 8.x get the deprecation notice and can then upgrade everything and have it working in time for 9.0.

Adding the new function to 7.0, without the deprecation notice and then not including the deprecation notice in 8.0 means that there is no release where downstream users that jump from release to release will ever see the deprecation.

David