[cfe-dev] Clang does not generate calls to "kmpc_threadprivate_cached"

Simone Atzeni via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 9 12:11:23 PDT 2018

Hi all,

If I understand correctly when I declare a variable "#pragma omp threadprivate(myvar)", clang generates the code to declare the variable as TLS, instead of using the OpenMP runtime and call the function "kmpc_threadprivate_cached".
I was wondering if there is a way to obtain the second behavior and let actually the runtime manage the threadprivate declaration through the right kmpc call.

Thanks!
Simone