[cfe-dev] Tidy vs Warnings: missing override

JVApen via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 9 10:26:39 PDT 2018

Hello all,

Today we have discovered a case where we did not have a compiler warning
for a missing override. To verify, we explicitly enabled the warning with
the pragma.

While investigating this in the IDE, we noticed that the Visual Assist
plugin did notice that missing override. As this uses clang-tidy to
determine this, we were wondering if these differences we noticed are
intentional. If so, is their any documentation on these differences?

Tnx