[cfe-dev] [Analyzer] For the undefined value of array element, the tracking information is incomplete.

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 7 11:25:00 PDT 2018

You've peeled off too much information. In this example you only need to
track the element (in the form of the specific ElementRegion), but
you're trying to track the whole array instead. The information about
index is crucial for that. You should not peel it off, but instead use it.

Also, the trackNullOrUndefValue visitor is a mess. These
getDerefExpr/peelOffOuterExpr/etc functions have really weird contracts
that nobody understands. Getting anything done here is very hard unless
somebody actually does the work of decomposing the solution into simple
clear steps (which is, well, the hardest part of programming).

If you ever need to see if a LazyCompoundVal is fully or partially
(un)initialized, you can iterBindings(). This is non-typechecked lookup
(i.e., you cannot figure out which specific sub-region is initialized by
the value you look at, you only get a byte offset). You can also improve
iterBindings() to make it possible to restrict the iteration to a single
cluster, because within the LazyCompoundVal's Store only the cluster
that corresponds to the LazyCompoundVal's parent region is relevant.