[cfe-dev] getLocStart versus getStartLoc

Stephen Kelly via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 6 13:19:42 PDT 2018

Stephen Kelly via cfe-dev wrote:

> Richard Smith via cfe-dev wrote:
>> We have historically taken the position that the churn caused for
>> out-of-tree users of the C++ API are not a consideration when performing
>> an API refactoring. (For two reasons: one is that we explicitly do not
>> have a stable C++ API; the other is that this is the mechanism by which
>> we encourage people to upstream changes.) This actually seems like a
>> relatively easy change in that regard: client code can be largely updated
>> by a regular expression.
>
> Great, I'll look into doing this in a bit.

I've pushed some Phab reviews to complete the port.  For convenience, the
commits can be seen together on my github:

 https://github.com/steveire/clang/commits/API-cleanup

 https://github.com/steveire/clang-tools-extra/commits/API-cleanup

My intention is to push all except the actual removal of the old API at
first, then push the removal of the old API 3 or so weeks later.

Thanks,

Stephen.