[cfe-dev] llvm::sort - A new wrapper to std::sort

Tim Northover via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 13 14:37:50 PDT 2018

On 13 April 2018 at 21:24, Grang, Mandeep Singh via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Going forward please make sure to avoid use of std::sort and instead use
> llvm::sort. Maybe we should add a note on the usage of llvm::sort to the
> LLVM Coding Standards?

Very definitely. I quite like the idea, but banning a standard library
function on this scale is a big step and needs to be justified.
Generally we try to move in the other direction.

Really, this announcement should have linked to the original discussion.

Cheers.

Tim.