[cfe-dev] SEH unwind info for function dividing by zero

Jayvee Neumann via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 11 01:24:59 PDT 2018

Hi together,

I am currently using clang++ on windows with the target triple
x86_64-pc-windows-gnu. If I write a small function that performs a division
(which can result in a division by Zero) I would expect SEH unwind
information for that function. As far as I know that information is crucial
for unwinding the stack after e.g. a division by zero. The flag
"-fasynchronous-unwind-tables" did not help.

Does this correspond to the note on
https://clang.llvm.org/docs/MSVCCompatibility.html stating the following?

> Asynchronous Exceptions (SEH): Partial. Structured exceptions
> (__try / __except / __finally) mostly work on x86 and x64.
> LLVM does not model asynchronous exceptions, so it is currently
> impossible to catch an asynchronous exception generated in the
> same frame as the catching __try.

Is there a work-around helping the unwinding of the stack without SEH
unwind info or am I missing something?

Kind regards
Jayvee